12 April 2010
Belarus has selected their national finalists for 2010, and as the host country we can be assured it will be a good entry! It works like that, honestly!
This top 11 were selected out of 55 entries (which isn’t very many considering JESC is big in Belarus and the Netherlands gets thousands, but perhaps in Belarus you need to be more professional)
1. Evelina Lashuk (23/ 09/2000) – Grandpa’s Hit – Minsk
2. Daniel Kozlov (7/04/1997) – Music Light – Brest Region, Zhlobin
Daniel Kozlov – a graduate of children’s pop studio Allegro Nova, directed by an experienced teacher musician Nelly Dukov, teacher Zhabinka arts school. Studies in Daniel 7 class school. Last year he won first place at the national competition “Young Talents of Belarus” and received the Grand Prix International Competition “Golden Bee”. Lyrics “Music of Light” Daniel wrote himself, and the music he helped create the composer of Kobrin Yuri Davidyuk.
3. Kristina Svetlichnaya (28/08/1998) – Sing! – Minsk
She has entered New Wave contest with a song called “A Bird”. She plays piano, writes music and likes roller skating. She wants to be an actress.
4. Yuliya Atroschenko (20/08/1999) – Kupala – Gomel Region, Mozyr
Julia won first prize at the VI Festival of Young Talents “Land Under White Wings” in 2009.
5. Yegor Sharankov (31/07/1997) – Want to Dance So Much! – Gomel Region, Svetlogorsk
A SVETLANA STUDENT! (Kseniya Sitnik’s mother)
6. Kristina Soiko (09/09/1996) – Do It like Me – Grodno
7. Lidia Zablotskaya (15/01/1998) – Hi – Mogilev
8. Alexandra Stelmah (28/08/1996) – You and Me – Grodno
She has entered before in 2008 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTMJGjcuPYY
9. Magammed Aslanov (20/02/1998) – Let’s Round Up Friends – Grodno
He entered in 2009 with “Tik Tak”
10. Yana Konoplyanik (28/02/1997) – Colors Of Summer – Minsk
11. Egor Chernov (17/04/1997) – Lady Spring – Mogilev
Just for fun, let’s take early guesses at the winner. I guess… Kristina Svetlichnava. Why? She has lots of experience and is known already.
No Diana Gromova, or Zlata, or Polina. Upsetting.. In good news, a lot of Russian speaking news outlets have been reporting just on the list of finalists!
The final of the national contest will take place in September in the form of a gala concert. The winner of the national contest, who will represent Belarus at Junior Eurovision Contest 2010, will be decided following the results of telephone voting and voting of the professional jury.